This is yet another famous recipe my grandma had up her sleeve. It's been a family favorite since before I was even born. I love making it because its very basic and easy to make. Biting into it feels chocolatey, cooling and refreshing.
Mississippi Mud Pie
- 1 1/2 cups flower
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 12 oz. container cool whip
- 2 small packages instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
1. To make the crust, mix together flower, butter, and chopped walnuts. Press in large 11x7 baking pan or separate individual mini pie pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 min then let it cool completely.
2. To make the 1st layer, beat together cream cheese and sugar. Then fold in 1 cup of cool whip from the 12 oz. package and spread evenly throughout pan(s).
3. For the 2nd layer, mix the pudding and milk for pie on box. Then spread evenly on top of 1st layer.
4 . For the 3rd layer just top pan(s) with the rest of the cool whip. If you like, you can top it with some chopped nuts and shaved chocolate shavings.